Thursday, May 29, 2014

Petal Program Fans

I decided to test my DIY abilities with these program fans. I was originally going to do a normal paddle fan, but I just loved the way the petal fans look. There is the easy DIY kit way and the way I did it. I chose to use the template from Alyee's Templates and use the same paper I used with my invitations from paperandmore.com.  Just a warning, doing it the hard way is very time intensive and a little painful for your hands!
What you need:
Paper
Template- The one from Alyee's Templates is free
Design- I made my own using my invitation flourish on word
Scissors- spend the money on a good comfortable pair
Crop-a-dile
Eyelets





Steps:
Make your design and do a few test prints to make sure it's all straight. Cut out the petals. Punch a hole, I used 3/16 using the crop-a-dile in your petals. Then use the crop-a-dile to add the eyelet to hold them together.


Yes, the directions seem short and easy, but it took FOREVER to hand cut all the petals, so just be weary. Everyone loved the fans and they were one of the favorite things I made at the wedding, so it was worth it. We had them placed on all the guest's chairs so they were there when they sat down.

No comments:

Post a Comment