Friday, January 10, 2014

Why I'm making this DIY Blog

I've decided to start posting all the DIY items I made for my  wedding (5.24.14) so those of you who are crafty and want to learn how I made things can learn how to and so I can remember myself. I am at a pretty beginner level of crafting and barely know the basics of how to sew, so none of these projects are very difficult. I got the ideas for all of the crafts on here from other things I've seen browsing the internet that I decided to make my own.

I will break down my crafts into their own separate post to keep it organized, so you may see a few posts in a day and then there may be a stretch without some.

Disclaimer: All of my pictures are taken with an iphone so they're not high quality. I will add pictures from the big day to update them and let you all know how it worked out! Additionally, if you use anything I've made on here please give me credit :)

Just a little bit about myself to explain why I am doing all of these crafts is that I am busy, but also on a budget. I am currently in law school while planning my wedding which imposes a pretty big budget restraint on what I can pay for. I am trying to DIY as much as I can to keep costs down for my parents and my fiance's parents who are graciously paying for the wedding. Also, I am a bit type-A and like things to be how I like them to be, so crafting gave me a lot more control in the process.

If you're super interested in what I was doing over the year and a half that I was planning here's a little blog feature I was in at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment