Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Vodka Gummies


I was looking for something fun to bring to my bachelorette party in a week and a half and thought to myself, alcoholic gummies! After scouring the web for about 15 minutes I could not find a recipe for making vodka gummies aside from the vodka soaked gummy bears. I personally am not a fan of the vodka soaked gummy bears, they always ended up slimy and slap you in the face with the vodka flavor. Also, I wanted something with less sugar to avoid bad hangovers and heaven forbid someone serves you vodka soaked sugar free bears (for a good laugh read these reviews). So I made my own recipe!

Strawberry Lemonade Vodka Gummies
Ingredients
  1. 1 Cup of Vodka 
  2. 1/2 Cup of Water
  3. Sugar free Strawberry Jell-O (the large box)
  4. Lemonade Kool-aid
  5. 4 packets of Knox Gelatin 

'
Directions: In a large sauce pan, add the vodka and water. Place the heat on low. Be sure to keep the heat on low to not cook off the alcohol. Add each ingredient and be sure to whisk as you add the powders so they do not create a large blob. The vodka and water will become warm and the powders will dissolve. Once the powder has dissolved it's ready to add to your molds or whatever you want to use.

I spooned the mixture into the ice trays from IKEA to make fun shapes. You can also use candy molds. Lastly, I just poured the mix into the bottom of a square large tupper ware and plan to just cut them into squares when firm.

Place the ice tray, mold, or tupper ware in the fridge and wait for 2-3 hours for it to harden. Once it is hard you're good to go!

Store them in the fridge in plastic baggies to keep them fresh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment